Black Dog Hydrotherapy provide a variety of services.
Our Hydrotherapy services include:
Hydrotherapy treatment – for dogs with medical conditions
Fitness swims – ideal for agility or working dogs to build or maintain stamina, improve cardio vascular function and muscle strength and help guard against future injuries.
Fitness swims - for show dogs to improve muscle tone and balance allowing best presentation.
Fitness swims – for pregnant bitches to allow exercise without adding undue strain onto the back and joints. A fit bitch often results in a quick and trouble free delivery and means she is better able to cope with the demands of motherhood and return to full fitness afterwards.
Puppy swims – a positive first experience in water for pups to help them learn to swim in a warm, safe environment. A trained hydrotherapist will be in the pool to offer encouragement and support for your pup’s introduction to this valuable life skill. Swimming is also an excellent form of exercise during the early stages when bones and joints are developing.
Fun swims – for any healthy dog to enjoy a fun exercise session in safe, clean water.
What's included in a canine Hydrotherapy session?
To read whats included in a canine Hydrotherapy session, and how to prepare your dog please click here
Canine conditions treated by hydrotherapy
In general canine conditions that are treated with hydrotherapy fall into the following categories:
- Soft tissue injuries
- Degenerative and medical conditions
- Canine Conditions related to age - either juvenile/developmental or geriatric
These conditions can include:
- Hip dysplasia
- Cruciate ligament rupture - either conservative management or post operative recovery
- Patella luxation
- Elbow dysplasia
- Degenerative myelopathy (formerly known as CDRM)
- Spinal injuries including recovery from fractures and IV disc rupture (commonly known as a slipped disc)
- Spondylosis - spinal arthritis
- Mobility problems related to age
- Obesity control